Home » » How to detox from opiates at home

How to detox from opiates at home



Are you trying to stop using drugs but can not afford to go to conventional drug treatment? If this is the case I am going to share with you how to detox from opiates at home. It does not matter if you are trying to quit using hydrocodone or stop heroin.

The most important thing here is that you have the desire to stop, at least I am guessing this is the case if you are reading this post. Let me just start with that to quit using opiates without any medications is going to be rather difficult after all there are consequences we have to face for our drug use and for this they are going to be the opiate withdrawal symptoms.

Opiate withdrawal symptoms include


Insomnia

Craving chocolates

Wanting to use

Diarrhea

Nausea and vomiting

Detox from opiates at home


These are just a few of the things one will have to face if they decide to quit using opiates at home.

First thing I would do is remove any empty pill containers or other paraphernalia from your home, all they will serve as is a reminder of what you really want to do which is to use drugs. Next I would invite a close friend or family member to come stay with me while I go through opiate withdrawal. They can basically be a moral support should you want to change your mind and go back to using opiates. Now being you are not going to have any prescription medications to fall back on, I am going to suggest some over the counter medications that may help you somewhat. One thing I would get is some Motrin this will help with cramps as well as headaches. I would also get some Benadryl this should help you sleep and for diarrhea get some Imodium.

Now you are pretty much set to overcome chemical dependancy at home but I would like to add one more thing here that may be a very important key to your success. Ok day or two before you intend to stop using opiates stay awake as much as you possibly can this should help you to sleep through the worst of your withdrawal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Drug Addiction - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger