Home » , , » Best way How to help an alcoholic

Best way How to help an alcoholic

 Best way How to help an alcoholic

 How to help an alcoholic is one of the more difficult problems that an individual can run into. The debate over choice versus disease is irrelevant at this point, you just want to get this loved one some help. If you are not sure whether or not you are an alcoholic you may want to check am I an alcoholic questioner.

First of all narcotics are  my drug of choice but I thought that I needed to stop drinking so I started mix alcohol with drugs like xanax. This was a bad mistake because it made me goofy as hell. I would forget where I left my car urinate on myself and many other things that I have shared with my sponsor.

The thing is that my drug use usually began by me drinking some kind of alcohol and when I did not get the desired effect I was off to the races to get a bag of dope; if I did not do that I drank booze until I passed out. I could not stop drinking once I had that first drink and if I had to for some reason I was extremely uncomfortable. I can not even begin to tell you the number of times that alcoholism binge drinking landed my ass in jail.

How to help an alcoholic stop drinking

Steps to helping an alcoholic

Anyway here are a few simple things that you can do to try to get them on the right path. The first thing you must do is to remember that this is not your fault, nor is it necessarily the fault of the alcoholic. Even if you do believe that the alcoholic is at fault, you must never express this, because it will only make things more difficult and probably drive them deeper into their drinking when one is on the mission of how to help an alcoholic overcome alcoholism. You must first set yourself up in this mindset before you can continue.

Tired of the alcoholic hangover


Most people think that they can convince an alcoholic to just simply stop drinking. However for most alcoholic's it is never that easy to beat alcohol addiction. Despite what some may say, there is no manipulation or shame trick that you can pull out of the bag and convince the alcoholic to stop. You must remember, this behavior may have been going on for quite some time, and it is not likely to just stop on a dime. They need to be sick and tired of being sick and tired before they will stop drinking.


Trying to get an alcoholic to go to treatment is a great goal to have in mind, but it to will be a difficult way when this one is trying to figure out how to help an alcoholic. Many alcoholics have to hit "rock bottom" before they can begin the recovery process. Once they did hit their very bottom, then some are willing to give treatment a shot.
If you or a loved one wants to stop drinking then why not take action today. There is no time like the present.

It is always best to leave the heavy lifting to the professionals.

Good luck

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Drug Addiction - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger