Home » » How to get through Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome Opiates and recover from addiction

How to get through Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome Opiates and recover from addiction

How can I make it  through Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome Opiates and recover from addiction without relapsing

If you would like to know more about post acute withdrawal syndrome opiates because you think you know someone who has it, maybe this will help.

PAWS or post acute opiate withdrawal syndrome can be hard to handle for someone who is going through it. That person might experience boredom, insomnia, self doubt, memory problems, numbness, stress, restless legs, and depression. With time PAWS will go away.






















 People with this syndrome need to know how to control and manage it and get through the opiate withdrawal symptoms as painlessly as possible. Some of the things that a person can do to bring it under control is talk about what's happening to them, ventilate how they are feeling, ask someone if they are making sense and get a reality check from them.

The next thing they can do is to set a goal of trying to improve their situation. This can be done by reading all the information you can to learn about the addictive disease and how a program of recovery can help you beat addiction.

Exercising daily will help you to get through withdrawal from opiates and beat addiction

I know a quite a bit about this dreaded disease and one thing that really works is to make plans to start exercising and take action to do it. This can be done from the privacy of your home so you do not have to worry about joining a gym unless you prefer too.

I started out with a small workout each day. After I got up in the morning and had a couple cups of coffee I did some sit ups nothing major but be sure to write down how many you did each time. The reason you will want to do this is so you can increase them as you get stronger.

In the afternoon I would go for a long walk. I say a long walk but do not be intimated because you can make your walk as long or as short as you feel up to. I went for about a 2 mile walk at least once per day.

Make a commitment to workout everyday

I made a commitment that I would do this everyday and trust me there were some days that I did not want to do it. On these days I really had to force myself to go. I noticed on these days that by having gone I felt better about myself and what I was doing and I was really grateful that I went.

Some other things they can work on are denial and anger, and move on to self confidence and learning to feel good about yourself. Recovering is about learning to live a life that doesn't require drugs to be worth living.

So if you know of someone who is experiencing this syndrome, get them the help they need today.

Good luck

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Drug Addiction - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger