Home » » How to stay clean and sober without relapsing on drugs or alcohol

How to stay clean and sober without relapsing on drugs or alcohol


Going to rehab because you cannot stop using drugs yourself can be a good way to learn how to stay clean and sober. However, there are two main ways that the treatments will be provided. One is by physically detoxing you, but the second one is showing you that you have a life without the drugs in your system. Since the rehab centers are meant to help people get off of drugs you should take their advice and follow it.

The first couple of times that I went into the center I did not use the methods they taught me so I was unable to remain sober . A good example is that they suggested that I go into long term care, but I refused. Since I did this I ended up lapsing into the drugs again. The last time that I went I did follow their plans to a tee and that finally led to me being clean since I left the center.

How to stay sober withoutusing other drugs or drinking or 




This was the biggest obstacle that I was facing and was one of the hardest to overcome. It was why I needed to let other people decide for me how to stay clean. I figured that I was the one person that knew the best for me and that I could make all the choices that I needed in my life. To make a long story shorter this was not what I thought it was, because I was killing myself with the drugs and other vices that I had turned to in my life.

How to stay sober using spiritual recovery principals

To my amazement when I started looking at the suggestions of how to stay sober using spiritual recovery principals. I just did not realize all of the freedoms that I was starting to get from not having my addiction. It still puzzles me that I waited this long to take the directions of other people since I now see that it really helped save my life. This was the type of rehab that I knew that I had to go into, but had resisted for such a long period of time.

Many of the programs that are available now use short visits. However, the programs used to last 28 days, but many of them do not even get half of that time now to get you cleaned up.

It really does not matter how long they are what matters is that you stop drinking . That's the first step and the next step begins the day you leave rehab so I would strongly recommend that you listen well to what the counselors are trying to teach you because in all honest it may actually save your life. A lot of people think that they are invincible when they are drinking or using drug but they are not all one has to do is watch the news or read the papers because people are dying everyday from one kind of alcohol related death or another.

Good luck

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Drug Addiction - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger